Tuesday 21 August 2012

Video Update: the boys

We know that many of you miss our boys so here's a little look at what they're up to lately....


A couple Vids of our Kids from Darnell Barkman on Vimeo.

Cody is so full of beans, as always. He loves to make us laugh and lately he also loves to tell us what to do. He'll make up a word and then get everyone to repeat him.... becoming a bossy little one:) And because he's almost two, we hear "nope" with a little attitude way too often! He's very excited about his little bro lately and always wants to "show Akai" his books or cars. I take Cody to the playground nearly everyday and he makes friends with all the kids.... it's great because it makes it very easy for me to meet the moms and helpers. Darnell and I do language training every day with our friend, Bryan, and Cody loves to join in, as you saw in the video!

Makai is a very happy little guy. I hardly have to look at him and he'll give me a huge grin. So far, he's a little Cody all over again! He's feeding well, sleeping well (all through the night lately... let's hope it continues!) and is getting cuter and chubbier everyday. I can't get enough of his snuggles and giggles:) Right now he's quick to roll onto his stomach but tends to get stuck on his tummy and then get's frustrated. We might buy him some kind of toy for him to stand... wish I had the jolly jumper here!  This week I finally put the two boys together in their own room. Luckily Cody is a deep sleeper and doesn't wake up when Makai is screaming right beside him!

We miss sharing our boys with our friends and family at home. I often feel sad that they don't get to see their grandparents, cousins and friends. It's easily the most difficult thing about living away from home. I'm excited to have a little party for Cody's 2nd birthday soon, but every time I think of all the people I wish we could share it with, it brings tears to my eyes. We miss you all dearly.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Makai is super cute! We love his giggles. Totally looks like a mini Cody. Great job on the language. Perhaps we'll learn a few words along the way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is hard to let your boys grow up far from family. The same for us, Hippo and I. The closest family for us is in Alberta, so every 2 years we will go there and enjoy the togetherness with my brother's family and some cousins. But I find the feast days like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, when everybody is with family, the hardest.
    Luckily we have now (after 6 years in Winnipeg) some friends who understand that we are "alone" on family days and we can get together with them.

    Love and good luck and many blessings for all of you! It was nice that I could see you still in Abbotsford before you left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miriam! Yes, feast days are hard.... this week was Cody's birthday and I was missing family and friends. We're thankful for new friends here, but nevertheless, difficult to be far away from home. Glad you have friends that take the role of family on those days.... how very important!
    Take care and thanks so much for keeping in touch!!! Hi to Hippo and your lovely boys.

    ReplyDelete